Enthusiasts, heres something you can use on your exhaust system to reduce heat. NOBODY else has this product in the automotive market it is used on the OE heavy diesel new truck market where the exhaust temps have gotten excessively high (over 1300°) since 2008. Classic Chambered is the only one that has these in the automotive aftermarket! These can be used over exhaust pipes or tube style mufflers.
PRODUCT HIGHLIGHTS: (Made in USA too!)
- Withstands operating temperature up to +650°C (+1202°F)
- Peak temperature +750°C (+1382°F)
- 18" Long & will stretch enough to go over 4" diameter.
- Excellent thermal insulation reduces radiant heat approx. 50%
- ABSORBS heat, yet woven design allows hot components to cool-down
- Impervious to moisture
- Extremely flexible at all temperatures - conforms to component
- Low profile & lightweight
- Each sleeve includes 2 stainless zip-ties for securing
- Perfect for heat control over sidepipes, turbo down-pipes, or ANY pipes undercar!
- Heat control for racing applications
The optimized design can now be tailored to fit any combination of exhaust pipe and tube geometries, helping to increase efficiency of a vehicle's exhaust system, while protecting sensitive nearby vehicle components. Additionally, the unique flexible manufacturing process produces an exhaust sleeve that is application-specific, eliminating the need for custom tooling.
Insulating sleeve traps heat within the exhaust system, allowing for greater efficiency of the emissions control systems. The product line is constructed with basalt yarns, designed to withstand temperatures up to 750° C (1382° F), which reduces the radiation of heat to nearby components, many of which are sensitive to high temperatures. The innovative design allows for the sleeve diameter to expand and can accommodate flanges and bends, common on exhaust system components. The construction can also include vents to strategically direct heat away from adjacent components.
"These insulating sleeves are a highly-engineered solution, designed to help vehicle manufacturers meet stringent and evolving emissions regulations." "This fully-integrated product takes into account environmental, thermal and durability considerations and addresses all of these issues with one customized design. Further, its lightweight compared to traditional solutions for exhaust insulation, thereby providing additional customer value."
The manufacturer uses proprietary computerized knitting technology that allows for rapid prototyping of these sleeves, improving speed to production and eliminating tooling costs.